Individual Environmental Assessment
The Environment Assessment (EA) for the potential expansion of wharf facilities at the Goderich Habour is being undertaken by the Goderich Port Management Corporation (GPMC). As an Individual EA, under the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act, the process will include two parts: a Terms of Reference (ToR) and an EA Report. The EA will be prepared in accordance with the requirements set out in the approved ToR. After the preparation and public review of the EA, the EA will be submitted for review and approval by the Minister of the Environment.
The EA will contain the following:
- Purpose of the Undertaking;
- Description of the Undertaking;
- Rationale for the Undertaking;
- Description of the environment potentially affected directly or indirectly;
- Description and statement of rationale and assessment of "alternative methods";
- Effects that will be caused or might reasonably be expected to be caused to the environment by the Undertaking, and the alternative methods of carrying out the Undertaking;
- Description of mitigation;
- Advantages and disadvantages or the Undertaking and the alternative methods of carrying out the Undertaking;
- Consultation during the EA;
- A monitoring plan; and,
- Any maps or documents as required under the EA Act.
Please note, this section will be updated as the EA process continues.
|First Nations Meeting 1 Notes||First Nations Meeting 2 Notes||First Nations Meeting|
|First Nations Meeting 4 Notes||Notice of Approval|
| || || || |
|Final PIC Summary || || || || |
The Environmental Assessment for the Goderich Harbour Wharf Expansion will be made available for public review on February 21, 2014. Please note, some of the following PDF files are large and may require some time to download. These documents are also available for viewing at the Ministry of Environment offices in Toronto and Owen Sound, the Town of Goderich Municipal Office and the Goderich Library.
Record of Consultation